The Lost Trailer to "Ghost in the Shell 2.0"

 

 

Since I mentioned Ghost in the Shell 2.0 in the Companion piece to my Thoughts on review of Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045, I figured that I would share with you the trailer to that version of the 1995 movie that turned Ghost in the Shell into a franchise. Don't worry, this blog isn't just going to be Ghost in the Shell stuff, I just really wanted to post this trailer. I tried looking for this trailer all over YouTube. 

I searched, "Ghost in the Shell 2.0 trailer," and "Ghost in the Shell 2.0 English trailer," and even just Ghost in the Shell 2.0, and I couldn't find this specific trailer. All I could find were fan made trailers, and comparison videos comparing the footage from the original 1995 version of Ghost in the Shell, and this 2008 re-edited and re-animated version called Ghost in the Shell 2.0. I also got a lot of stuff about the 2017 live action Ghost in the Shell movie, the one everyone hates, but I think is just okay. 

So, I finally came to the realization that this trailer was deleted off of YouTube. It's essentially lost media now, and probably everyone just forgot it even exists. But, not me. I managed to download this trailer, and in effect, preserve it for future generations. And now, you all get to see it. I would upload this trailer to YouTube, but I am a little worried that I might get a copyright claim for uploading it. So, I just my blog will just have to do for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Stopped Watching Rick Worley

"Maneater" (2020) Plot Synopsis

Taiwan πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ό's Confusing Legal Status