There's a New "Loud House" Movie Coming Out

 

(This is the poster for No Time to Spy: A Loud House Movie.)

 

Well, this is pretty unexpected. Apparently, The Loud House is getting another movie, just not the kind that I was describing or wanting in my post talking about my wish list for a Loud House Movie sequel. This new movie is called No Time to Spy: A Loud House Movie, and unlike The Loud House Movie or The Casagrandes Movie, it going to come out on Paramount+ rather than on Netflix. Which is good because Netflix sucks, and I've saying for quite a while if you've been following my blog that Nickelodeon should end its deal with Netflix, and start releasing their movies on Paramount+ instead.

I don't know if anyone who works at Nickelodeon or on The Loud House saw any of my posts on that and took my advice. I doubt it, but here we are. We've finally getting an animated Loud House movie on Paramount+. I don't even know if they ended with their deal with Netflix or not, it might still be in place. It's just that they decided to release this one movie on their own platform rather than someone else's. Either way I'm happy because I hate Netflix, especially ever since they started cracking down on password sharing, and this means that I can actually watch this movie when it comes out.

If the title wasn't an indicator, the movie is going to center around Lincoln Loud being a spy 🀡‍♂️ since his other big obsession besides Ace Savvy is David Steele, who's like the Loud House universe's equivalent to James Bond. He's that stereotypical cool suave spy who wears tuxedos 🀡‍♂️, has all these cool gadgets, and is a hit with the ladies ♀︎, and Lincoln is emulating that guy. Even the title of this movie is a reference to James Bond. No Time to Spy is a not-so subtle nod to the title of the most recent Bond movie, No Time to Die, the one that officially ended Daniel Craig's tenure as Bond. This isn't the first time that Lincoln has pretended to be a spy 🀡‍♂️ in the show or the franchise as a whole since this is a movie and not an episode of the show.

The most notable example of that is the Season 5 episode, "Family Bonding" (get it? See what they did there? πŸ˜‰), where Lincoln and Clyde come convinced that their new neighbors are in fact evil spies, and the two of them start acting like spies to solve the mystery, even going as far as to play dress-up and wear spy costumes 🀡‍♂️ just in those episodes where they play dress-up and wear superhero costumes 🦸‍♂️ (dressing up as Ace Savvy and One-Eyed Jack) when they go into detective mode. Well, this time they dressed up as spies 🀡‍♂️ because Lincoln started reading David Steele comics, and that became his other big obsession. 

It turned out that the new neighbors were actually spies, and were plotting to destroy Michigan's cherry industry πŸ’ and replace them with oranges 🍊. Or maybe it's that they're plotting to destroy Michigan's cherry industry πŸ’ in order to boost the orange industry 🍊 back where they came from, which was probably Florida since Florida's the only state in the US πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ where you can actually grow oranges 🍊. I don't think you can actually grow oranges 🍊 in Michigan. Maybe you can, I don't know. It's one of the few episodes of this kind in any cartoon that I've seen where the paranoid main characters are actually vindicated and proved right in the end. Luckily, Lincoln and Clyde are there to save the day from these orange-loving spies 🍊 with the help of the rest of the Loud family of course. Can't let these people destroy Michigan's cherry supply πŸ’, can we?

There are a few other episodes after this where Lincoln (and Clyde) goes into spy mode 🀡‍♂️ and starts acting like a spy 🀡‍♂️ including one that involved Leonard Loud AKA Gramps, and him, Lincoln, and Lynn Sr. stealing Lola's toy car and using it for a spy adventure. So, this isn't a new thing for the franchise to explore, and if they ever release a behind-the-scenes featurette online saying that it is, they're lying to you.

It does bum me out that we're getting yet another Loud House movie centered around Lincoln, and that it's going to about spies 🀡‍♂️. I don't know if I've said this before on the blog specifically, but I am going to say here in case I didn't, Lincoln isn't one of my favorite characters in this show. I know that he's the main character, and is the face of the franchise, but I just never found him to be all that interesting or funny. In fact, a lot of times, I just find him to be really boring and kind of bland. Like, at best he's a bland character, and at worst, he's an annoying character, those are the two modes for me when it comes to this guy. 

They made his sisters such these eccentric and wild characters with their own distinct personalities and their own skills and interests, and they just didn't do that for Lincoln because they wanted him to be an audience surrogate. Someone who the audience could project themselves onto and live vicariously through, having these crazy sisters around. And make for an interesting and funny character that does not. If you could choose, which character would rather have as the protagonist? Lincoln or any one of his 10 sisters? I know which one I would pick.

That's why I'm so glad that the show started moving past focusing every episode around him, and starting doing more episodes focused on his sisters, since the sisters are not only way more interesting than he is, but are way more funny. I can usually tolerate one of the girls ♀︎ being the main focus, even if they do bad things or are kind of annoying sometimes, but not Lincoln, he just bugs the hell out of me. Lincoln episodes are always the most boring episodes to me, which is the main reason why I don't enjoy a lot of Season 1 and Season 2 episodes because a lot of them are Lincoln centric. 

And even more boring than that are episodes that involve his friend group. I've never really cared for any of Lincoln's friends besides Clyde and maybe Liam. They're all just as bland, uninteresting, and unfunny as he is. So I guess it is fitting that they're all friends. They're all equally as bland and they share in the blandness. That's why they get along so good. I always try to avoid any Lincoln centric episodes or any episodes that involve him and his friend group whenever watch episodes of the show on Paramount+. I also always try to avoid video compilations or episode clips on YouTube put out by Nickelodeon's official channels, the Nicktoons channel and the official Loud House channel, that focus entirely on Lincoln or on Lincoln and his friends. So, to have another movie where he's the protagonist is not a great start for me, like it already kind of lowers my interest in it significantly.

On top of that, it's a spy movie 🀡‍♂️, and while I do like spy movies 🀡‍♂️, especially if they have lots of action, I've never cared about Lincoln's whole obsession with David Steele and spies 🀡‍♂️, like the part of the show never interested me in the slightest. So, that's two strikes on this movie. It being a musical 🎡 would be the third strike and it would be out, but it doesn't seem like this is going to be a musical 🎡, I hope. As long as this isn't a musical 🎡, I'm still willing to give it a shot.

As long as they play up the insanity and ridiculousness, and just have fun with it, I think that this could work. Like, I've never had a problem with The Loud House going in this more crazy and out there direction like some of the fans have, in fact I've pushing for it go even further with some of my ideas for a Loud House Movie sequel. In fact, while we're on that, I don't see this as the true sequel to The Loud House Movie. Like, I don't see this as the second Loud House movie per se. I see it more as a spin-off movie or as side piece, sort of like what Solo: A Star Wars Story was. Only this isn't a prequel obviously. It's even titled as if it's a spin-off movie, No Time to Spy: A Loud House Movie. Doesn't sound to me like a mainline Loud House movie. If they do make a true sequel to The Loud House Movie, I still think it should be called The Second Loud House Movie.

But anyway, back to what I saying before I went off on that tangent about the title or how this movie relates to The Loud House Movie, I would really like it if this movie just embraced the chaos, embraced the weirdness, and went all out with it, rather than trying to restrained or be grounded. That ship sailed a long time ago, and the show never was all that realistic to begin with anyway. As long as this movie does that, I think we'll be good to go, and I'll be okay with it. Like, if this movie matched the insanity of the Spy Kids movies I would love it 🀩. And since this will be a spy movie 🀡‍♂️, I hope it does have some action, and isn't just purely a comedy. It should have a combination of both, action and comedy, and of course within the bounds of a kid's movie. There's only so far that you could push the violence on a movie like this.

And at least, we'll get to see more Myrtle in this because she is on the poster, and the movie's about spies 🀡‍♂️, and in the "Pop Pop the Question" episode it's revealed that she used to be a spy 🀡‍♀️ in her youth before she retired and met Albert AKA Pop-Pop. So, it makes for her to be here I guess. I just don't know how big of a role she'll end up having in the movie, if she'll play a big role or a small role. She ends up only playing a small role in the movie, is just a supporting character who just stands around and does nothing while saying funny stuff, that'll be a bit of a letdown. I would love it if she was a main player in this story, and was she right there with Lincoln (and probably Clyde) on this spy adventure.

I also hope that this movie has a good villain. If The Loud House has movies, then they have to have villains in them. That's just the rule. I haven't seen The Loud House Movie, so I can't comment on whether Morag was a good villain or not, although she kind of seemed like a kind of lame villain to me based on what I've seen of her in clips. And from what it seems, The Casagrandes Movie really didn't have a villain, like Punguari wasn't evil, she was kind of misunderstood, like she was just an angsty teenager who just had to set straight and becomes a hero by the end. Can you tell I also haven't seen The Casagrandes Movie? So, this movie has to deliver when it comes to the villain. After all, this is a spy movie 🀡‍♂️, and spy movies 🀡‍♂️ are only as good as their villains. It's not just the charismatic lead hero spy 🀡‍♂️ that makes these kinds of movies, it's also the villain they're up against. If they don't have good villains, then they're as good as dirt.

I still would like to see a Loud House movie that centers around the sisters. Like, the sisters are just about as main characters as Lincoln is. The Loud House is an assemble piece with more than one character as the main character. And I think that this franchise needs to start acting like it, the writers need to acting like it, and starting giving the girls ♀︎ their proper time in the spotlight, and rather than just giving everything to Lincoln. I know that I'm not alone in liking the sisters more than Lincoln, so give the people what they want in this case. In other cases, maybe don't, but this case, do.

I would also like to see one of these Loud House movies be released theatrically. None of the Loud House movies that we've had so far, including The Casagrandes Movie, has been released theatrically. They've all been straight-to-streaming releases, and I don't think that's right since The Loud House is the #2 show on Nickelodeon right behind SpongeBob SquarePants 🧽. If SpongeBob 🧽 can still get movies that are released theatrically, then I don't see why The Loud House couldn't.

But, maybe for this particular movie, it's best that this isn't being released in theaters, since what I've seen of this movie in that short little teaser promo that Nickelodeon put on the Nicktoons YouTube channel (they released it as a YouTube Short) does exactly scream theatrical material. Not to say that this movie will be bad or anything, but it does look like something that belongs in theaters, and will be released right where it belongs on streaming. But, if a spy movie starring my least favorite character, Lincoln Loud released on streaming is the only we're going to get as far as Loud House movies are concerned, then I guess I could give it a shot. As I said, as long as it's on Paramount+ and not Netflix, I'm willing to try anything. But no singing 🎡!

 

(This is a screenshot from the Season 6 episode, "Doom Service," where the Loud family decides to stay at a hotel run by Vic McGillicuddy, who always has a different job every single episode he appears in. He's like the Rancid Rabbit of this series, which is fitting because he's pretty much the main antagonist for this episode. Because you see, when the Loud family check in at his hotel, Vic purposefully gives them the worst service he possibly can. He gives the worst room with the worst TV and Wi-Fi, makes them eat the worst food, and only lets them dip their toes in the swimming pool rather than actually you know? Swim 🏊‍♂️. You get the idea. All because he placed them at the very bottom of his arbitrary membership tier system.

He does all this because he just really hates the Loud family. We've never really figured out why he has it out for them, but he does, and that's why he gives them bad service at his own hotel. He just wants to make them as misery as possible. Which begs the question, why don't they just make him the main villain of one of these Loud House movies? I mean, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 🧽 used Plankton as the main bad guy, and he's the main bad guy on the show. So, there's nothing wrong with using a villain from the show in one of these movies. Maybe Vic's not extravagant enough. 

Either way though, the Loud family didn't have to stay at this hotel. They could've easily chosen not to. The reason they do is that Lincoln presses them all to do it. So, it's Lincoln's fault that they're even in this mess with Vic in the first place. None of this would've happened had he not convinced everyone that staying a hotel run by Vic of all people was a good idea. As if you need another reason not to like Lincoln.)  

 

 

Here's the teaser promo: 

 


 


 —

Update (Saturday June 8, 2024):

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ€΅‍♂️

Looks like they've just released a full trailer. I like this one better than the short teaser promo that they released as a YouTube Short. 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Stopped Watching Rick Worley

"Maneater" (2020) Plot Synopsis

Taiwan πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ό's Confusing Legal Status